A community is only as strong as its members.
We're looking for women sales professionals who want to help build a community to support and empower their fellow sisters in their city. Ambassadors are responsible for hosting quarterly town hall meetings, and optional coffee meetups, and happy hours. We're looking for women who can specifically help with social media, event production, and facilitation.
We give you everything you need to run an amazing event and we'll even compensate you.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
You are the backbone of our organization. We have members all over the world but up until now, we've only hosted events in a handful of cities and it's time to change that. In order to expand to other cities, we're looking for incredible women who will represent the National Association of Women Sales Professionals (NAWSP), be our biggest cheerleaders, and help women sales professionals reach the Top 1%.
Your main responsibility will be monthly events and we'll rely on you to tell us what's going on in your city and how we can do more to support each other.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Hosting a minimum of four (4) NAWSP events per year (Ex: Mixers and Speed Networking Events)
- Assisting HQ with visiting, booking and recommending new venues
- Establish and maintain relationships a minimum of three (3) different groups/organizations to partner with (ie. Sharing tickets, local promotion, etc)
- Create an ongoing database of potential local sponsors, vendors, and nonprofits on a monthly basis, using the database to fill opportunities at events and in marketing efforts.
- Secure donated items/services for raffles & giveaways and/or gift bags for event attendees
- Manage existing local member accounts and assist with selling memberships at events
WHAT DOES NAWSP HQ HELP WITH?
- Give you script to use when doing outreach
- Help prep speakers
- Create event invitations (and we'll give you a shout out!)
- Promote on NAWSP channels
- Post an interview with you for our blog
WHAT QUALITIES ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN AN AMBASSADOR?
Exciting, Daring, Spirited, Imaginative, and Up-to-Date
CAN MEN BE AMBASSADORS?
It's crucial that men be our allies and that we work together to achieve more diversity in leadership. That being said, only women - and anyone who identifies as a woman - are eligible to be ambassadors.
BUT I'VE NEVER RUN AN EVENT BEFORE!
No worries. We'll be here every step of the way to make sure you're completely familiar with how to run a successful event. We'll break everything down with tips and tricks we've learned from doing so many in Detroit.
I REALLY WANT TO HELP BUT I'M AFRAID I MIGHT GET BUSY...
We thought you might say that. If you become an Ambassador, you'll get access to a Dropbox with everything you could possibly want, including a script of talking points you can use when doing outreach to venues, speakers, etc. But if you think you might get overwhelmed, give us a heads up as soon as possible.
WHAT ABOUT MONEY?
You'll get a small budget upfront and we'll split the profits from ticket sales with you.
ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
Being an Ambassador is an important job and we want to support you as much as possible. You'll get access to a private Slack group just for Ambassadors and we'll also give you a discount code for all NAWSP workshops, and webinars. You'll also be top of mind if we hear of any job opportunities.